The territory in data
Demographic data Catalonia
Demographic data of Southern Catalonia
The ten counties of Southern Catalonia:
Montsià – Baix Ebre – Ribera d’Ebre – Terra Alta – Priorat
Conca de Barberà – Alt Camp – Baix Camp – Baix Penedès – Tarragonès
The current situation of the CAT-SUD region is of an important business and industrial footprint represented in several sectoral blocs:
- Chemical industry, in Tarragonès and Baix Camp
- Hospitality, tourism and theme parks sector
- Agri-food and veterinary sector, in Baix Camp and Terres de l’Ebre
- Furniture industry, in Montsià and Alt Camp
- Renewable energies, in the Terres de l’Ebre and Baix Camp
- Nuclear sector, in Vandellòs and Ascó
- Technology sector: Idiada
- Industry service companies, TIEs and Industry 4.0
- Wine Industry in Penedès, Terra Alta, Conca de Barberà, Priorat and Alt Camp
- World of culture, Cistercian route (Monasteries of Poblet, Santes Creus and Vallbona de les Monges) Modernism, Roman Tarraco, Eco-tourism in the Terres de l’Ebre and the Renaissance festival in Tortosa.
- Natural Parks of the Ebro Delta, Ports, Montsant Mountains and Prades, the natural site of national interest of Poblet, and a Biosphere Reserve, the Terres de l’Ebre.
This whole business group has a lot of potential and synergies between them and with the Rovira i Virgili University as well as with the public administration.
* (South Catalonia Knowledge Region Driving Group)